Monday, November 07, 2005

Run

I ran and ran and ran...Maybe these are too many 'rans' for a 4.5 km marathon. But for someone like me who does not really have the habit of running nor any strict fitness regime, so many 'rans' do qualify.
It was organized by the Rotary club in aid of cancer patients. It was for a good cause and I wanted to see if I was upto a run like this.
I am glad I did something for a good cause and am happy that I was able to complete the race. I was huffing and puffing within 200 m of the race and I thought I will never make it. But with a combination of running and brisk walking, I managed to cross the finish line.

HIGHLIGHTS
There was a lot of participation for a good cause on a SUNDAY morning

There were many participants in the Under 18 category.
Many elders (over 45) had participated and most of them completed the race.
It was pretty well organized.
I completed the race :)

2 comments:

Neel Arurkar said...

Oh! Congo. I actually read about the event in today's Times Of India or may be Hindustand Times (Bombay Ed). Did you not call Goldilocks along with you? Btw, noted that your definition of elders is people above 45 ;-)

Anonymous said...

As i become older, my definition of elder changes ;)